Friday, August 1, 2008

Featured Publishers Dinner, Perbacco SF



Yesterday evening, I had the opportunity to join fellow Foodbuzz Featured Publishers and many of the lovely people of Foodbuzz for a spectacular dinner in downtown San Francisco. We gathered at Perbacco, a swanky Italian restaurant near the Embarcadero swarming with San Francisco elite. A group of about 20 foodies sat down on the mezzanine of this gorgeous restaurant to enjoy good wine, great food, and above all great conversation.

Unfortunately, I did not share the foresight of many of my fellow foodies who brought a camera along to document the dinner. In light of that, I had to "borrow" the above photo from the restaurant's website. Hope nobody minds. Anyway, the meal, a set 4 course menu, was amazing. Starting with a raviolo stuffed with ricotta, spinach and an egg and drizzled in truffle butter, we moved to a roasted beet salad and then pan roasted chicken with herb gnocchi for the main course. Dessert was a raspberry-peach crostata with gelato. Phew. The food, needless to say, was breathtaking, but the highlight of the meal was the raviolo. (Thanks, Evie, for reminding me of the dishes.)

While the food was fantastic, it was the company that made the night what it was. I got the chance to meet and talk to some great people who all share the same passion for food. Ryan, Evan, Doug, Kirsten, and everyone else who made this a night to remember: Thank you. The real sad part is that there was a whole table of foodies I never got the chance to meet or talk to. So to those folks who I did not get to chat with, until next time. I think these here dinners should become something of a habit. All in favor?

1 comments:

Evie said...

Thanks for coming! It was so much fun. I think we'll have some more San Francisco food events coming up!
Great meeting you!